Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The End is Near

It seems like so many of the post on this blog have been concerning "fear." I am just blown away how prevelent "fear" is in the sports world and just how misunderstood it really is. Once again, there are two different realms of fear in this world. Fear of worldly things vs. fear of God. In this video, KG and Kobe talk about the fear of the end concerning the NBA finals. This is a huge statement. Fear of losing, fear of winning, or fear of the finals not living up to all it's made out to be? Their fear could be of many things. However, it is clear that they are not refering to the fear of God. And why not? They are right, the end is near. However, I am not talking about the end of a season. but the end of the world. Now is the time to follow Christ. The power that will be displayed in His return will be worthy of fear.

Malachi 3:1-2"Behold, I send my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me. And the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant in whom you delight, behold, he is coming, says the LORD of hosts. But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap."

Brian Conklin Omaha Metro FCA

2 comments:

Scott Morton said...

Yeah this is pretty much amazing. I never looked at it this way. I saw this a camp this year(which rocked). It really shows how important it is to follow Christ.

Conklin Family said...

Hey Scott,

Thanks for your comment. I think this is true about most of us. I believe that in order to compete God's way, we consciensly need to view sports in a biblical way. It is literally undoing years of training. Glad you enjoyed camp! It was a blast.

Brian